As we hear the song saying “it’s the most wonderful time of the year”, remember that it is also the most vulnerable time of the year.
The holiday season is the peak time for ID theft and burglary.
To help you stay protected, here are a few holiday shopping safety tips:
- Try to shop during daylight hours and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Secure your home. Set the alarm and lock your doors and windows while you are out shopping.
- Leave a list of all credit cards at home, just in case they are lost or stolen.
- Lock your “Sleigh” and do not leave valuables in sight!
- Pay attention to how you carry your wallet or purse to prevent theft.
- Be careful with social media. Checking in at different stores lets potential criminals know you are not at home.
It seems at times that stress and the holiday season go hand-in-hand. Although stress cannot always be avoided, some relief can be achieved.
- Allow enough time to shop rather than waiting till the last-minute rush.
- Only plan to do a reasonable number of errands.
- When shopping, make several trips out to the car to drop off packages rather than trying to carry too many items.
- Take time out for yourself. Relax, read, or enjoy your favorite hobby at your own pace.
Here’s to a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!