Get into the spooky holiday spirit by cooking with one of October’s staples — pumpkin! This recipe for pumpkin bread is a classic, popular treat to make as the year winds down. It’s not only great for Halloween parties, but also around the table at Thanksgiving dinner. Let me know what you think!
- 3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.