Looking for the perfect treat for your last big grilling hurrah of the season? Try these Grilled Banana Splits. They are simple, easy-to-make, and delicious!
- 4 large bananas, unpeeled, stems removed
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Other desired toppings
- Preheat grill on high and spray sheets of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Slice the peel of the banana from the stem to the bottom, while slicing the banana inside lengthwise. The bananas can be cut into slices instead if you like, (while still in the peel) for easier handling later.
- Carefully open the banana just wide enough to place the chocolate chips and marshmallows inside the peel with the banana. Stuff with as much of the chocolate chips and marshmallows as desired.
- Wrap bananas with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Leave in long enough to melt the chips and the marshmallows, about 5 minutes. Unwrap bananas, open the peels carefully (melted chocolate will be hot), add any additional toppings desired and a side of ice cream.
Published with permission from BGI Systems. Source.