Father’s Day Fun Facts:
- The first Father’s Day happened on June 17, 1910.
- In the 1920s and 1930s, some people campaigned to scrap both Mother’s Day and Father’s Day and just have Parents’ Day – that never caught on.
- Father’s Day became more popular during World War II when the day was used to honor troops.
- The observance became an official national holiday in 1972. By this time Mother’s Day had already been a holiday for 58 years.
- Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June in many countries.
- Americans spend over $1 billion annually on Father’s Day presents.
- According to Retail Spending, Father’s Day is the 3rd biggest card giving holiday in the world.
- According to the census, there are more than 72 million fathers in America.
- Popular gift choices for Father’s Day (aside from a tie) include outings (golf, sports, or eating out),
electronic gadgets, clothing, gift cards, sporting goods, and music or books.
Published with permission from BGI Systems. Source.