April is the first full month we have of spring, and what’s a better way to celebrate moving in to this refreshing time of year than with a tasty spring salad recipe. It’s good, and good for you! We hope you enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups water (approximately)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 pound artichokes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pound radishes (any variety)
- 2 carrots
- 1 diced tomato
- 2-3 slices sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 cups mixed spring salad greens (such as mustard and arugula)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- alad dressing of your preference
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups water with lime juice. Carefully peel artichokes and slice thinly. Immerse them in lime juice/water mixture, and set aside. Peel and halve cucumber. Remove seeds and slice thinly on the bias. Slice radishes thinly. Peel carrots and slice thinly. Remove artichokes from water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced vegetables, bread cubes, beans, and chopped mint. On a large platter or on each of six serving plates, arrange a layer of salad greens. Add salad dressing to vegetables and toss well. Spoon over greens and sprinkle with feta.
Published with permission from BGI Systems. Source.